Local Marketing Is a Must!
Local marketing is an essential aspect of any successful, comprehensive digital marketing strategy.
For small or medium-sized local businesses, businesses with multiple locations, or businesses seeking more local customers, a traditional approach to SEO will unfortunately not be enough.
Marketing to a targeted local audience requires its own unique set of strategies. These techniques can be learned, but it takes time—something business owners nowadays don’t have much of. Our best advice? Save time, money, and effort by choosing a local SEO company like Axagen to do the tough stuff for you.
Fact! 75% of consumers use Google monthly to search for local businesses and service providers.
When local marketing is done correctly, it allows businesses to...
- Develop their brand and message
- Positively engage with the community
- Increase customer loyalty
- Increase their customer and prospect base
- Increase website traffic with relevant users
- Secure higher conversion rates
Local marketing helps customers find your business, mitigates the loss of valuable market share to your competition, and allows you to start building authority in your very own community.
What Does a Local Marketing Campaign Look Like?
An effective local marketing strategy is made up of many moving parts. With years of valuable experience marketing small and medium-sized businesses to local audiences, the experts at Axagen know what it takes to get your business on the map. The team also understands how much time, passion, money, and energy goes into launching a local business. It’s an exhausting process, both physically and mentally, but is oh-so-rewarding in the end – if done right. That’s why we give it everything we’ve got to help you get to where you need to be.
The following list is a summary of techniques the local SEO experts at Axagen may implement in a typical local marketing campaign:
- Local SEO Services
- Business Directory Listings
- Social Media Marketing
- Google Business Optimization
- Google Ads
- Local Page Creation
- Mobile Marketing
Local SEO Services
Local SEO is a growing field of interest in the online search experience. Users are becoming more and more interested in searching for local information because it is considered more trustworthy than information coming from large corporations. Not surprising, right?
We thought so too.
When searching for a product or service on search engines, users are often looking for information about businesses in a specific region—whether it is a state, province, city, town, or neighborhood. As a business owner, there are a few essential pieces of information you must include about your company online: contact information, hours of operation, and Google Maps directions. Axagen’s local SEO experts work to increase local visibility in the search results, boost a website’s ranking on search engines, and solidify branding to a local audience.
Business Directory Listings
This might surprise you, but Google isn’t the only game in town. Axagen places your business location on the platforms your customers are searching, while ensuring accuracy, fixing errors, and eliminating duplicates.
Our main goal is to make your business more visible, accessible, and attractive to a local audience.
What is a local business listing and why is it important?
A local business listing is a page that provides basic contact information, including the business’ official name, address, and phone number. This chunk information is also known as the “NAP.” Google uses the NAP as a local ranking factor.
The more directories and citations we build for a business, the better chance it has of being found when customers locally search for its products or services. At Axagen, local SEO experts create and manage all necessary directories required to get you found in your area.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is one of the most efficient approaches when it comes to local marketing. Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn propose advertising objectives that can target specifically by location. This type of targeting has equal or better returns than paid advertising with platforms such as Google Ads, since, instead of targeting for keywords, you target by the nature of people and their interests. With social media ads, the SEO experts as Axagen can take your business from blasé to bold in just a few posts.
Some examples of social media tactics used for local marketing include:
- Creating contests to engage new audiences in your community
- Posting public polls to get feedback from local audiences
- Posting blogs and other relevant website content to boost traffic on your site
- Starting one-to-one conversations with new leads through direct messaging
What are the benefits of social media marketing for local businesses?
- Social media is the perfect place for customers to brag about your product: Nowadays, social media acts as a sounding board for people’s emotions. For local business owners, this is a great thing. If one customer falls in love with your product, and writes a positive, powerful review on social media, it can boost your brand in ways you wouldn’t imagine. Let your fans speak for you.
- It’s efficient and inexpensive: Social media runs at the low cost of 0$ per month. What’s not to love? That being said, social media does require consistent attention. Social media marketing experts at Axagen will help you develop a long-term plan to get the most out of your social media platforms for local audiences.
- A great place to promote new products, services, and announcements: Advertising a new product line? Announcing a new partnership with a big client? A press release and statement on your website will not get you the attention you need. Social media gives you widespread reach to a variety of audiences across several industries.
Take advantage of social media and expand your local reach with help from local SEO marketing company Axagen!
Google Business Optimization
Google Business and Google Maps are unified features that showcase company information within the search results. These results are typically found in Google's "Local Pack," which is where Google delivers the local results to searchers. High visibility on these features is enormously important. Likewise, many users access mobile searches through their phones. Google's "Local Pack” results take up nearly the entire screen of a mobile phone, making this a significant place—perhaps the most significant place—for any business to be listed.
Local Page Creation
When embarking on a local marketing campaign, it’s good practice to create separate, unique pages for each of your business’ locations. Why? Unique local web pages help improve organic search results for local businesses, and enhance the overall user experience. A unique local page allows visitors from specific locations to easily find exactly what they’re looking for when visiting your business’s main page.
Optimizing a website for mobile has become standard practice. The local SEO experts at Axagen implement a mobile marketing plan as part of a comprehensive local campaign. Without appropriate mobile marketing, businesses have little to no chance of seeing major local growth.
Why do we spend so much effort on mobile marketing?
Did you know that more than 50% of all traffic arrives through mobile? The use of mobile devices for Internet search is increasing significantly, with around 95% of mobile device owners admitting they depend on their mobile devices for local searches. It’s safe to say Google favours websites that are mobile friendly or mobile responsive. If your site is not mobile friendly, chances are you won't rank as well as others. Don’t take the risk and get help from the local SEO experts at Axagen.
What are Google Ads?
Axagen can further help you reach a local consumer base through the use of Google Ads. Google Ads is a paid online advertising service that allows users to select target keywords, and implement such keywords into several types of ads (some with, others without photographs), and select a target audience and language. Your ad will appear at the top of a Google search results page when users from a specific region search for a targeted keyword.
How Will I Benefit from Google Ads?
Google Ads guarantees that your business only targets users who are interested in a particular service or product within your region. This strategy ensures visitors do not land on your site at random, but arrive looking specifically for your product or service. This local advertising approach can have a huge ROI for your business, as it offers guaranteed visibility.
Here are a few more benefits you can expect from Google Ads:
- Google Ads works faster than SEO: You can focus on multiple keywords at once, and can choose to turn ads or campaigns on and off at will.
- You can reconnect with visitors on your website: Let’s say someone visited your website and left without purchasing anything. With Google Ads’ remarketing ad feature, you can target those specific users on the display network. In the same manner, you can create suppression lists, so users who have already bought your product will not receive the same ad.
- Get measurable results: Google Ads provides multiple innovative tools to track and monitor your ad campaigns. You can find out who is clicking on your ads, how much traffic your site is getting from Ad Words, and how many leads are being generated from which ads.
- Increase brand awareness: When it comes to branding for a local audience, more is always the merrier. With display network ads, Google Ads allows you to flash your name and logo on other websites visited by potential leads.